Wednesday, January 21, 2009

q. Write it down and/or talk it out.

Sometimes this can be an important and even necessary component of letting go and forgiving. Sometimes, you just have to tell your story and some times you need someone to listen. For some this can take place through journal writing, or writing something down and then burning it or burying it. Once in a while it is helpful to write a letter…but be careful, writing and then sending a letter can make matters worse. If you need to send it, give it some time and perhaps share it with a good friend that will give you good advice first. Consider the lessons from Love Is Letting Go of Fear.
Sometimes you need to tell and have someone listen, just remember, the goal here it to help you let it go. Telling it over and over again is not letting go.

Sometimes, some things need to be reported. When someone is or may be in danger or when a criminal act has occurred, these things need to be reported to appropriate authorities…then leave it in their hands and let it go.

7 comments:

brandylace said...

What if you work in a place that does not follow their own handbook or guidliness. The managment make up lies to the parents instead of telling the truth and they expect the teachers to just "deal with the situation" they say things like " IF THE CHILD DOESNT WANT TO LISTEN JUST LET THEM DO HAT THEY WANT AND TEACH TOE OTHERS" It becomes hard to keep cildren safe with out the support of the managment. and reporting situations does no good if they lie then nothing changes. And giong ver their head backfires since the rm and center director are friends.

Jenni said...

I'm a big believer in talking it out, if I have a work issue that maybe has me frustrated or stressed out I talk with a supervisor to see if there is a solution to what is upsetting me. That always seems to help!

Brandie M said...

I write things down that I stress about and I think it might be a good thing for older children to do to, just to get things off their chest.

Anonymous said...

It is amazing to have someone to talk to and tell everything too, without judgment. It is even better to feel like someone understands and can share their experience in a positive way.

Tiffany Gilmore

Latanya M. said...

This is really big at our house. As newlyweds, we are still learning each other so it is important that we communicate as much as possible. My husband is not as expressive as I am verbally so we have found it easier to write then talk from our notes.

Denise said...

Latanya M, What a Wonderful idea! Thank you!

sharon said...

I believe writing helps if you write it right the way it should sound. Once I wrote it the way I thought a problem should be addressed, but they took a different attitude to it and was mad at me for awhile.